domingo, febrero 11, 2007

To Jack: Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell




Both Sides Now
(Joni Mitchell)
From Love Actually



Rows and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons ev'rywhere
I've looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on ev'ryone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way
I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all

Moons and Junes and Ferris wheels
The dizzy dancing way you feel
As ev'ry fairy tale comes real
I've looked at love that way

But now it's just another show
You leave 'em laughing when you go
And if you care, don't let them know
Don't give yourself away

I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take, and still somehow
It's love's illusions I recall
I really don't know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say "I love you" right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way

But now old friends they are acting strange
They shake their heads, and they tell me that I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living ev'ry day

I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all
I've looked at life from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all

And it's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all

3 comentarios:

Pablo Arroyo León dijo...

He tratado de encontrar esa versión de la canción, pero sólo me aparece una con guitarra, del 1969... ¿Sabes cómo podría conseguirla? Abrazos...

Yolanda Arroyo Pizarro dijo...

La conseguí en el Soundtrack de "Love Actually" en Borders.

Abrazo.

Anónimo dijo...

Se agradece no sentirse solo en medio de toda esta turbulencia cotidiana.
Canciones como esta son el mejor antidoto a la rutina y forman parte del sentirse especiales, por un minuto, por un instante, por todo lo que dura el parpadeo de un silencio.

Acerca de mí

Mi foto
Yolanda Arroyo Pizarro (Guaynabo, 1970). Es novelista, cuentista y ensayista puertorriqueña. Fue elegida una de las escritoras latinoamericanas más importantes menores de 39 años del Bogotá39 convocado por la UNESCO, el Hay Festival y la Secretaría de Cultura de Bogotá por motivo de celebrar a Bogotá como Capital Mundial del libro 2007. Acaba de recibir Residency Grant Award 2011 del National Hispanic Cultural Center en Nuevo México. Es autora de los libros de cuentos, ‘Avalancha’ (2011), ‘Historias para morderte los labios’ (Finalista PEN Club 2010), y ‘Ojos de Luna’ (Segundo Premio Nacional 2008, Instituto de Literatura Puertorriqueña; Libro del Año 2007 Periódico El Nuevo Día), además de los libros de poesía ‘Medialengua’ (2010) y Perseidas (2011). Ha publicado las novelas ‘Los documentados’ (Finalista Premio PEN Club 2006) y Caparazones (2010, publicada en Puerto Rico y España).

Seguidores